Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spa Of Embarrassing Illnesses

UKTV Style : TV Guide : Programmes : Spa of Embarassing Illnesses : Spa Of Embarrassing Illnesses: Episode Guide: "It's estimated that 75% of people in the UK suffer from an embarrassing illness such as IBS, excessive sweating, bloating, obesity, psoriasis and piles."

Interesting idea for a reality tv show, though one has to growl about the fact that presumably these folks are going to be fixed with these alternative treatments...thus leading the "caring", "concerned" folks to have just one more thing to point to when they say "I saw on tv where all that someone with _______ had to do was stop _________ (or take up yoga, go to a ___________) and they were cured!" It might be true in some cases, but in more cases I think it tends to make the person feel like they are sick because it is their own fault.

4 comments:

TW said...

The truly annoying are the "have a positive attitude" and don't eat any caffeine or sugar. Hmmm...positive attitude WITHOUT caffeine and sugar? lolol

Sounds like you are well rid of the last boyfriend.

Good to see you (even if it took me forever to respond)

Anonymous said...

I hear you!!! I'm lucky to get through a week without nausea or a month without being laid up in bed vomiting and low back pain. I have had every test in the book, and even been in the hospital for a week several yrs ago and NO ONE knows anything. They checked for IBD and Chrons (SP) and told me it wasn't either, but in the report it stated that I had fluid in the pelvis and the colonoscopy stated I had a 2inches of thickened lower bowel. What does that mean? Yet not one doc said anything to me and after 5 days in the hosp. I was sent home and that was over 5yrs ago. What is wrong with me??? I have been told to try, gluten-free diet, stop caffiene, lower stress, take an antacid on and on.... no relief, no cure. Even got thyroid checked and told the level wasn't high enough for meds, yet it was on the high end????????????/ Any Ideas of where to look or something to be rechecked?? any Ideas would be much appreciated. shireen@hotmail.com
I hope you are doing well, and enjoyed reading your blog.

TW said...

No ideas here shireen. Good luck though!

bleskat said...

Hello there, if you are facing any spa of embarassing illness please contact me for a short prayer over the phone and you will instantly be healed. God loves you and wants you to be well (3 John 1:2), that situation you find yourself in was brought to you by the devil. God only can deliver you from that affliction or infirmity through Jesus Christ (Psalm 107:17-20, Psalm 34:19). If you have tried so many ways to get healing and without success why can't you try this one and see what happens, belieme me or not, you will be delivered and after all its free. God bless you.

You can email me first then i will give you my phone number so that i can pray for you over the phone, a lot have called me and they have been healed through their faith. Or better still here is my phone number: +2773 162 6984