Sunday, October 16, 2005

Snake Oil

Friday during a trip to the most inane drugstore in the country, I ran across (while pondering all the other over the counter things that might conceivably make the crohns feel better) a box with Crohn's and Colitis on the front in big letters. What was this? I surely was no stranger to this aisle. Digestive Advantage for Crohns and Colitis (Go ahead click the link and peek, looks like they have free samples) The box claims it relieves diarrhea, constipation, pain, and bloating. Woo hoo. It quickly landed in my cart.

Yeah I know. Probably no good or overpriced packaging for something I could get unlabeled for less. Still...it might work right? I still can hang on to the idea that the all wise GI docs just missed this in order to use the Imuran/azathioprine and I should give it a try before the Remicade. Anyone else tried this?


,
,
, , , ,

3 comments:

Vanda said...

I hope it works for you. Good Luck TW.

TW said...

Ha, I had my children with the highest of high achieving university types but I think the rules are different for fathers. I know what you mean though. I work at the University and am in a department where 1 child is the norm. The six (3 each-two grown up and away from home)my partner and I have between us is just downright frightening to them.

Overanxious mothers, ai yi yi, I have no advice. My mom is always "are you ok? Are you sure you are ok?" Sigh.

Relationships can be tough but if they can take the s*** literally, you know they are keepers.

Thanks for stopping by...come back and say hello.

TW said...

Me too Vanda. Me too. Not as much as I hope your meds help you.