Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Vanity

I am horridly vain. Not in a clothes buying, have to be dressed "right" sort of way. I just have generally really liked how I looked. But here is the problem...
Several years of pukeyness + a lifetime of drinking coke......have left my teeth scarey looking (not to mention dentist from hell) AND

Several years of crohns? IBD? Ulcerative colitis? pukeyness? drugs to treat the above? has left my skin yucky. Patchy, spotty, puffed, dry, wrinkled, yucky. Icky.

And...I have to admit those things are far more annoying to me than the bathroom trips. If it isn't going to feel like my body, couldn't it just look like it?

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

TW said...

My hair and skin are actually better since I started taking the Forvia vitamins but they are still icky.

To see me you wouldn't think I would have this weird vanity though.

Emsxiety said...

Im not sure that's vanity in the sense that I am thinking of vanity. Usually vain people are shallow and self absorbed. All about themselves, constantly grooming and trimming, plucking and painting. You seem more like you want your body, skin and such back the way it was before the Crohns that doesn't seem vain to me.